groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jesper Steen Møller <jes...@selskabet.org>
Subject Re: About the callable native lambda
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 09:00:29 GMT
Hi list

FYI: This turned into a discussion of  the feature itself, on the GitHub commit thread. Basically,
I'm proposing changing what "obj(params...)" means:
 - Non-SAM types: obj(params...) becomes obj.call(params...)
 - SAM types: obj(params...) becomes obj.<sam-method>(params...) - perhaps only as a
fallback if obj.call doesn't exist.

This should be completely independent of how the lambda object itself was created.

I realize this is a potentially breaking change, but isn't it also a nice one?
Thoughts?

-Jesper