groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Inner-project extension methods
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 13:03:42 GMT
On 04.01.2018 13:44, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
> On 03.01.2018 19:56, Nathan Harvey wrote:
>> This idea is unrelated to categories. The behavior would be identical to
>> current extension methods, except you can use them within the same
>> project.
>> No special importing or scoping required, just as it works currently.
>
> just as it works currently is that a service provider like structure is
> used. As things are already compiled once the dynamic code takes notice
> of extension methods, this means to me, that there is nothing to do here
> for normal Groovy.
>
> In my opinion we are then more talking about a "bugfix" for the static
> compiler.

The relevant code entry point can be found in
StaticTypeCheckingSupport:2167. The ExtensionModuleScanner tries to load
the extensions classes as classes, which cannot work if they are not yet
compiled. getDGMMethods has to be changed as well. Maybe there are also
changes to StaticCompilationVisitor required.

bye Jochen