groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: About adding DGM startsWith(String...) and endsWith(String...)
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2017 15:16:15 GMT
On 31.12.2017 13:24, Daniel.Sun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>        I am going to add startsWith(String...) and endsWith(String...) for
> java.lang.String(i.e. if and only if the string starts with/ends with any
> specified strings, return true), because many senarios require them. For
> example:
>
> The following code
>
> https://github.com/apache/groovy/blob/master/gradle/assemble.gradle#L352-L355
> can be simplified as
>      it.file.name.startsWith('asm-', 'antlr-', 'antlr4-')
>
>      The similar senario appears at:
> https://github.com/apache/groovy/blob/master/gradle/assemble.gradle#L366-L369
>
>      Any thoughts?

I think the name should express the iterative aspect something like
startsWithAny of findStartsWith. And then there is also the variant with
an offset in java-lang.String. Would we have that as well?

But frankly my feeling is that it would be better to find a generic
solution for this kind of construct, instead of having more methods in
DGM. But that not stop us in the past either and I do not have an idea
to present here as well.

bye Jochen