groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE]Support package scope via `package` keyword
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2017 09:02:58 GMT
Just so I understand, the intention is to keep @PackageScope with `package`
being an alias for when no target is required. Correct?

If that's correct, it won't eliminate the need for IDEs to scan for
@PackageScope in general but in some common cases, some preliminary
assumptions could be made.

Also, when documenting, we should note that `package` will be more concise
when used in one or two places within a class but @PackageScope will be
more concise if used with a PackageScopeTarget when a few (or more) members
should be made package private. Come to think of it, I wonder if there
should be an `ALL` target?

Paul.