groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: G-String embedded Closure calling bug?
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2017 10:58:05 GMT
We've settled on that behavior a long time ago, so it's quite blurry in my
mind, to be honest.
I'd be a bit afraid of making changes to how things are working now, as it
might have some unintended consequences.
I mean, making some changes there could break people's code in unexpected
places, and I think it would be pretty hard to track and find.
With age (not that I'm old, but I've been involved in Groovy for 14 years
now), I become a bit more conservative, and afraid of making anything that
could be breaking people's code :-(

Guillaume

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 4:57 AM, Nathan Harvey <nathanwharvey@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Are there any more thoughts on whether or not this behavior should be
> changed? I say it is confusing and unnecessary.  I think it's important to
> keep the behavior advertised for Closures intact, eg: "hello {-> 0}" should
> still render 0, but a reference to a Closure should not automatically call
> toString()
>

> --

Guillaume Laforge

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/