groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]Support package scope via `package` keyword
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2017 10:41:39 GMT
I'm feeling like being in between -1 and 0.
For the very rare cases where it's used, I (personally) don't care to have
to use an annotation, even if that might seem a bit awkward or cumbersome
(but we use annotations in plenty other contexts anyway because of AST
transformations).
I don't see much value adding this 'package' notation, apart from adding a
bit more confusion for Java developers coming to Groovy and wondering what
the package keyword does in that place.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge