groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE]Support package scope via `package` keyword
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2017 11:33:56 GMT
On 29.12.2017 03:40, Daniel Sun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>        In order to support package scope, we have to add annotation
> `@PackageScope` to the target(e.g. class, field, method), which is verbose.
> Nathan Harvey has started a thread to discuss specifying the package scope
> via `package` keyword[1]. The feature is feasible and has been implemented
> in my labs project[2].

Just to be clear, this feature, this is a change for IDEs, not for the
user directly. For example a project I am working on with like 90k lines
of code, I think I used package private 3 times...no 2 times, because
the other got changed.

>        Please vote on add the new feature to Apache Groovy 3.0.0 and 2.6.0
> releases.
>
>        The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
> least three +1 PMC votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1  The feature sounds good
> [ ]   0  I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
> [ ]  -1  Because...

You get a +1 from me, but under the condition to deprecate @PackageScope
in 2.6.0 and then I would like to have it removed in 3.0.0 (if we want
to be serious about cleanups, that is)

bye Jochen