groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Harvey <nathanwhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building Groovy
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 00:48:00 GMT
Although I think this discussion is getting off topic, I'll go ahead and
chime in myself. I would once again remind people that a strong open source
community is built on public communications. Mailing lists are old, they are
fickle, they are annoying, and the list goes on. If Groovy wants to remain
relevant, it needs to stay up to date, and it needs a well supported and
advertised forum. Unfortunately the concept of a mailing list is deeply
entrenched in Apache's requirements, which holds the community back. In
truth, I don't know if that is possible to fix.