groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: G-String embedded Closure calling bug?
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2017 12:16:33 GMT
On 22.12.2017 16:55, Daniel.Sun wrote:
> Hi Jochen,
>
>        As far as I remember,  John Wilson is one of main contributors of
> Groovy, he is active in about 2007 and rejected some proposals of mine ;-)

he did a lot of work for Groovy 1.0 for example and way before too (with
a gap of quite some time) yes. Which is why it was difficult to argue
against those things back then. Guillaume will remember some of the
heated discussions.

And I am not saying what he did is wrong or stupid. Nothing like that,
no. But the usage of the language changes and we did tend to overload
constructs a bit too much in the past

bye Jochen