groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Mauro Molinari <mauro...@tiscali.it>
Subject Re: Is FieldsAndPropertiesStaticCompileTest#testUseGetterFieldAccess really correct?
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2017 08:09:08 GMT
Il 24/11/2017 01:46, Jochen Theodorou ha scritto:
> In my opinion the test is wrong, but I'd like to hear others about this.
>
> And another point. We seem to have no similar test for dynamic Groovy.
> Groovy does use direct field access if the field is available on
> "this". But the question here is if that extends to all super classes.
> In my opinion it should.
>
> If I get no vetos I will push a fix for this for all current groovy
> versions

I don't know if I understood it right, but are you saying that you think
that invoking b.usingGetter() in your example should not call A.getX(),
but rather access A.x directly? And that, I guess, the same policy
should apply for the corresponding setter?
I guess you think so because A.x is declared as protected, don't you?
Because if A.x had no modifier, I think that such a change may break a
lot of code that assumes getter/setter are called, in particular I'm
thinking of the write access case for @Bindable fields.

Mauro