groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Building Groovy
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:45:26 GMT

Am 22.11.2017 um 10:09 schrieb C├ędric Champeau:
> To me it's very clear that Groovy.next is indy only, so all the
> discussions we have about module names or call site caching are solved.

for the transition time from Groovy not as module and Groovy as module
we require a discussion. Not about the indy versions, but about the
fatjar. Unless my arguments before are good enough and we use different
names for the fatjar and the proper module jars.

Btw, In my eyes there is zero advantage for Groovy as module. The step
is only required to not be at disadvantage, or even being ruled out as
possibility. Of course the bigger required breaking changes may have the
same effect

bye Jochen