groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Building Groovy
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 13:26:49 GMT

Am 22.11.2017 um 11:47 schrieb C├ędric Champeau:
> What is the advantage of providing a fat jar, if you can have a
> "virtual" dependency, groovy-all, which brings all the others in? There
> used to be a difference, but now it's not that clear.

How are you going to express dependencies with automatic modules? They
are automatic, because they lack the information a proper module
provides and part of that information is the dependencies afaik. JPMS !=
maven.

If you want groovy-all to bring in all the dependencies, then basically
it is an almost empty jar with dependencies and the dependencies are the
real modules. the fat-jar itself cannot provide any packages those
dependencies to provide, otherwise you have conflicts. The empty
groovy-all-approach is something we could go for in maven too of course.
But its is not a fatjar then ;)

bye Jochen