groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-2
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 18:18:55 GMT
Current release includes a binary file (gradle/wrapper/*jar), which
isn't compatible with Apache release policy (ie source-only releases).
In all honestly, this isn't the first release with the same issue. I
was talking about it for too long and I am sorry I didn't address this
issue earlier.

Here's https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8378 that has the
patch for the issue. I don't think we should block this release, but
let's make backport it into the next one, if there's no objections.

Incidentally, I can't assign the ticket to myself for whatever reason.
But the patch is there ;) Thanks!
--
  With regards,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.