groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-2
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 04:29:36 GMT
I tweaked the build files and README so that the bootstrapping instructions
now read:

gradle -b wrapper.gradle wrapper

Since that file has no plugins, it should hopefully make us much more
Gradle version resilient.

It doesn't mean we might not want to consider Cos' proposal since (at the
expense of having to keep updating the custom wrapper) it would eliminate
the need to have gradle installed for bootstrapping.

Also, it doesn't stop us from continuing to ask for permission to include
the wrapper so that builders from source aren't second class citizens -
needing the extra download. Perhaps that should be a section in our next
board report?

Anyway, we should get those changes for the next prepared releases.

Cheers, Paul.