groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-2
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 12:23:36 GMT
Hi Daniel,

I'm not building Groovy with Gradle 4+.
I only wanted to generate the wrapper with Gradle 4.3.1, which was the
version I had installed locally.

As you know, we can't ship the wrapper with our source distribution.
And it means that someone with Gradle 4+ on his machine cannot build the
source distribution out of the box.
But as I said in my other email, at least for the wrapper task generation,
it was really just related to the problem with the plugin version.

Otherwise, we can indeed use Gradle 4.x to create the wrapper, and then use
whichever version used by the wrapper properties, which is fine.

But as is, we can't build from source, since we can't generate the wrapper.
It's not a big showstopper, and I think we can proceed with the release, as
otherwise, the convenience binaries or the custom-built (with the right
build scan plugin version) is fine.

Hope this clarifies my point. Sorry if this wasn't clear.

Guillaume

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Daniel Sun <realbluesun@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
>
>      Gradle 4+ does not support building Groovy well, so please check via
> "gradlew clean dist"(note: use gradlew instead of gradle).
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel.Sun
>

> --

Guillaume Laforge