groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Leonard Brünings <groovy-...@bruenings-it.net>
Subject Re: Compiling groovy with java9 using maven with spring boot
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 20:07:04 GMT
Hi,

its correct not to include a module-info.java, however groovy should
define its Automatic-Module-Name.

http://blog.joda.org/2017/05/java-se-9-jpms-automatic-modules.html

Many other projects are already doing it, e.g.,
https://github.com/mockito/mockito/issues/1189

Until the fine grained modules are defined, we should choose an umbrella
module, akin to `java.se`
which can later evolve to depend on the smaller modules.
See Module Graph
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/api/java.se.ee-summary.html

cheers

Leonard