groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: Building Groovy
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 14:31:08 GMT
On Tue, 2017-11-21 at 17:28 +1000, Paul King wrote:
> The "double" build is because of indy vs non-indy (one wipes out the
> other)
> because of some assumptions that keep other parts of the build
> simple.
> Could no doubt be streamlined given some TLC.

Ah, I had assumed the builds were handled in separate target
directories. If that is not the case then the behaviour is explained.

> Last I checked there were different performance characteristics
> between
> indy/non-indy. We haven't gotten around to working out the best path
> forward yet that will give us one set of jars without losing
> performance in
> some scenarios. Again, just needs some time dedicated to it.

I guess it is all about resource, as ever. I will try and get GPars 2.0
going next year (*). It may be that I could then get involved in
looking at the build, but on this no promises (**). I wonder if someone
could fund Schalk to do some work on this?

(*) I know I promised this for the last two years and have failed. Long
story.

(**) I seem to be doing mostly Rust stuff, with a bit of D and C++,
these days.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200