groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: About if statement in the right hand of assignment statement
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 06:30:49 GMT
Nice - though I still wonder whether wrapping within ClosureExpression was
the way to go.

On the one hand, it makes it clear what return means if you added it in
such a statement (provided you know it is wrapped that way). On the other,
it means that normal if/then/else supports non-local returns but
if/then/else within a declaration doesn't. This is possibly going to be a
little confusing.

I'd be keen to know what others think. I'm keen to keep the feature but
wonder whether a slight implementation tweak is the way to go. In either
case, we need to document it well.

Cheers, Paul.