groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Fwd: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-1 (take 2)
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 11:03:31 GMT
Daniel, we should make a note in the release email mentioning the Gradle
3.5.1 requirement if building from the source distribution. Let me know if
you need help with the wording.

Cheers, Paul.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au>
Date: Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-1 (take 2)
To: dev@groovy.apache.org

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 3:50 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:

> +1 [binding]
>
> - Signature is ok
> - Checksum is ok (although the file is formatted so that it prevent
> automatic
> validation via -c option)
> - RAT is ok
>
> Perhaps a note on the requirement for Gradle 3.5.1 needs to be added to the
> release notes? 'cause the build is failing with the latest version as well
> as
> with an old 2.10+ ones.

Thanks for noticing that Cos. I've added in some additional wording for the
next release.

It's the bootstrap step that is the culprit. Once bootstrapping is done,
using gradlew should then use the correct version. The wording I just added
could be made simpler and clearer if we tweak the build just a little so as
not to trip over the changes that come into play when using Gradle 4 (at
least while bootstrapping). I've created GROOVY-8308 to look into that.

Cheers, Paul.