groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-1 (take 2)
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 17:10:01 GMT
It would certainly help with some, but would indeed add more. The binary, the
wrapper depends on, couldn't be a part of the source code tree. As it will
result in getting the binary in the source release. And that would invalidate
this very release, as I am sure you all know.

Perhaps I can offer an alternative here. There are a few projects using Gradle
and the same issue has came up a few times in different communities. In Bigtop
we are using a slightly customized wrapper script [1]. It loads the version of
the Gradle binary from [2] and downloads it on the first run. That's gives us
the full control of what we are running our builds with, and doesn't violate
the Foundation release policy.

I'd be happy to make a patch for that, if the group likes the approach.

Cos

[1] https://is.gd/VESMIX
[2] https://is.gd/Mi8MMt