groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Bash feature is Shell script
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:21:02 GMT
Because Gradle can't cope with executing on Zulu 9 :-( I have to run Gradle on
Zulu 8, but I can still execute on Zulu 9, well except for Groovy :-((

It looks like someone is assuming /bin/sh is actually Bash in the launch
scripts for groovy:

|> groovy -version
/home/users/russel/lib/JDK/groovy/bin/groovy: 281: /home/users/russel/lib/JDK/groovy/bin/groovy:
[[: not found
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass (file:/home/users/russel/lib/JDK/groovy/lib/groovy-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar)
to method java.lang.Object.finalize()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access
operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Groovy Version: 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT JVM: 9.0.0.15 Vendor: Azul Systems, Inc. OS: Linux

I am unsure whether to suggest switching to Bash for launch or ensuring no
Bash features in the scripts.

--
Russel.