groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-1
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 08:36:01 GMT

> I checked the signature and checksums of the source and binary artifacts.
> I could build the jars, run the tests and install locally from the sources
> but because of Gradle's recent breaking changes you have to bootstrap
> getting the wrapper using Gradle 4.0+.

I tried the wrapper, 4.0 and 4.1, without any success. I couldn't run with
`dist`, which is the main distribution task, so it seems rather
unfortunate. The build is really horrible, and not getting any better. It's
way slower than it should be, and hanging like this is unexpected.

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje