groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: Build failing
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2017 11:17:58 GMT
On Sat, 2017-06-17 at 09:44 +0200, C├ędric Champeau wrote:
> Yes, there are apparently quite a few glitches after the upgrade.

OK, it's not just me then. Which is good. Sort of.

> Dear community, please give me the strength to rewrite this whole
> build.
> Need to make it cleaner, it accumulated too many years of hacking,
> inherited from the Ant era. Time to do some cleanup!

I think we have a Maven build after the Ant one and before the Gradle
one. I know, I started it. :-)

Also there was the modular rewrite, which put some hacks in along with
the JDK version stuff.

If you can put in place an overall new architecture for a Gradle 4.0
build, and do an exemplar "module" then many of us can chip in doing
the leg-work of all the other "modules". Also if there is a repository
to clone and work in which is not the mainline, it can be cloned and
builds tried.

We are here to help, you are not alone.

--
Russel.