groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: identifying low-hanging fruit tasks for the community
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 12:11:22 GMT
Okay, I went through all of the contrib-like tasks and now all use just the
{{contrib}} label to indicate they are ready for external contributors[1].
I also added 4 of these (to start with) into the Apache help wanted app[2].

Please feel free to add some more. And when you do, please tick both Java
and Groovy as the languages needed. Also, try to give as much detail as you
can to indicate what we think the desired direction is - revamp the Jira
ticket slightly if needed. If we do get some new contributors, they might
just need a little nudge in the right direction.

We'll see if that app brings additional eyeballs.

Cheers, Paul.
P.S. Next step is to better document some roadmap items but I'll kick that
off in another email.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-5450?jql=project%20%3D%20GROOVY%20AND%20status%20in%20%28Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%29%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20contrib
[2] https://helpwanted.apache.org/