groovy-dev mailing list archives

From 孙 岚 <realblue...@hotmail.com>
Subject 答复: About the performance between master and GROOVY_2_5_X
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 04:57:33 GMT
Hi Paul,

       I'll set Parrot as the default parser when you finish creating GROOVY_2_6_X. In addition,
as you suggested, I'll provide some option to turn back to the old parser.

P.S. I failed to receive mail from the mailing list... so I have to reply my own email...

Cheers,

Daniel.Sun

________________________________
发件人: 孙 岚 <realbluesun@hotmail.com>
发送时间: 2017年4月21日 0:11
收件人: dev@groovy.apache.org
主题: About the performance between master and GROOVY_2_5_X

Hi all,

      I noticed that the performance of master is better than GROOVY_2_5_X.

      About 17% time saved when running tests in the TeamCity CI instance:
master costs 18m:55s(TeamCity CI, Parrot disabled)
http://ci.groovy-lang.org/viewLog.html?buildId=38801&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=Groovy_Jdk8Build_2
GROOVY_2_5_X costs 22m:51s(TeamCity CI, without Parrot)
http://ci.groovy-lang.org/viewLog.html?buildId=38787&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=Groovy_Jdk8Build_2

      And about 37% time saved when running tests in the Travis CI instance:
master costs 20 min 25 sec(Travis CI, Parrot enabled)
https://travis-ci.org/apache/groovy/builds/223991099
GROOVY_2_5_X costs 32 min 52 sec(Travis CI, without Parrot)
https://travis-ci.org/apache/groovy/builds/223816724

      Can we infer that the new parser Parrot does not impact the performance or even improve
the performance somehow?

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun