groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: 答复: About the performance between master and GROOVY_2_5_X
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 01:30:15 GMT
I was also going to look at that too but have lots more on my todo list
first. I was going to do that after creating the GROOVY_2_6_X branch. I'll
try to do the GROOVY_2_6_X branch today which then leaves master ready for
jdk8 only and parrot as the default - happy for you to look at this Daniel.

I was initially going to allow turning back on the antlr2 parser with a
switch (-PuseAntlr2=true or similar, because I thought that would be the
smaller change) with a view to removing the old parser altogether as a
second step possibly in a later version. But this topic was discussed
before and I think the general consensus was that if it greatly simplified
our codebase just to remove the old parser, then we should consider going
down that path. In the Apache spirit of do-ocracy, I'll let you see what
looks like the best way forward as you start doing these steps.

Cheers, Paul.