groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Harish Dewan <harish.de...@gmail.com>
Subject creating final jar for testing changes made to groovy source code
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 10:17:43 GMT
Hi All,
To solve a probable problem, I forked and clone a git repo (
https://github.com/apache/groovy.git ) for groovy and then used this
tutorial blog to import project in Intelj Idea ide (
http://melix.github.io/blog/2014/06/contribute-groovy-ide.html)

Then I made the required changes in a subproject.
Now I require final jar file to test if mine changes are correct or not.

so I used this command 'gradlew clean dist' in ide which did the build and
generated jar in target/libs folder.

But when I am trying to use that jar , it does not reflects mine changes.
Any idea what am I doing wrong.? or what is the correct procedure for
creating final jar so that I can test it,
How does contributions in groovy happens. I did read this
http://docs.groovy-lang.org/docs/groovy-2.4.5/html/documentation/groovy-contributions.html
 but still not clear how the final jar is created to test it ?

Thanks
Harish