groovy-dev mailing list archives

From John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: creating final jar for testing changes made to groovy source code
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 16:06:19 GMT
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 3:17 AM, Harish Dewan <harish.dewan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
> To solve a probable problem, I forked and clone a git repo (
> https://github.com/apache/groovy.git ) for groovy and then used this
> tutorial blog to import project in Intelj Idea ide (
> http://melix.github.io/blog/2014/06/contribute-groovy-ide.html)
>
> Then I made the required changes in a subproject.
> Now I require final jar file to test if mine changes are correct or not.
>
> so I used this command 'gradlew clean dist' in ide which did the build and
> generated jar in target/libs folder.
>
> But when I am trying to use that jar , it does not reflects mine changes.
> Any idea what am I doing wrong.? or what is the correct procedure for
> creating final jar so that I can test it,
> How does contributions in groovy happens. I did read this
> http://docs.groovy-lang.org/docs/groovy-2.4.5/html/docu
> mentation/groovy-contributions.html
>  but still not clear how the final jar is created to test it ?

The command you ran should have put your changes in
subproject/groovy-(module)/target/libs/groovy-(module)-(version).jar and
they also should be contained in ./target/libs/groovy-all-(version).jar
(uber jar with core and all subprojects).  Maybe it's picking up a
different version of groovy from the classpath?

For quickly (5min vs 15min) getting a distribution to test with I like to
use the "installGroovy" gradle task which builds a full dist in the
"./target/install" directory and from there I can run commands from the bin
or add jars from the embeddable (uber jar) or the lib directories.