groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject build requirements for Groovy and language level in master
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2017 08:11:51 GMT
Hi all,

so if we want to be serious about JDK9 support and not life with a
thousands of warnings displayed whenever you try to execute a Groovy
program or test (44k+ in our build for example)... then we will need
JDK9 specific code.

That means we will have to change our build to support optional JDK9
code, like we did in the past several times already. That also means a
full build will require JDK9 a lower JDK will not make a full build
then. And once Cedric fixed JDK9 support in gradle... ahem... poor guy.
Anyway, I would like to hear thoughts about this from the others.

And then there is the matter of going to JDK8 master is supposed to be
Groovy 3 did we say we want to go to JDK8 here? I think that would be
nice... and of course if JDK8 is the minimum could start thinking about
having indy enabled by default. Here too I would to hear what people think

bye Jochen