groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject finally success again on JDK9
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 22:58:13 GMT
Hi all,

So today I finally found out how to run our build on a recent JDK9:
https://scans.gradle.com/s/bawrmwhk5f33m

The part I could really kick myself... and a lot of gradle people for is
the usage of _JAVA_OPTIONS. This is can be used to set JVM arguments to
daemons and the initial forked JVM used by gradle. So I am using

export _JAVA_OPTIONS='-XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions
--permit-illegal-access'

and org.gradle.jvmargs unset in gradle.properties

The option --permit-illegal-access is new in jigsaw 163 and prevents us
from having to use add-opens for each an every module.  But at the prize
of having a ton of messages like this one:

WARNING: Illegal access by
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor$1
(file:/home/blackdrag/coding/groovy/commit/target/classes/main/) to
constructor
java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedKeySet(java.util.LinkedHashMap) (permitted
by --permit-illegal-access)

bye Jochen