groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Maven coordinates going forward
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 13:57:20 GMT
Hi, it's still a little while away but we'll soon begin the work on
what will be called Groovy 3 or Groovy 4 - the exact version number is
potentially up for further debate depending on how other upcoming
Parrot back port work pans out but we are not asking for feedback on
that right now.

This new version of Groovy will have the new Parrot parser merged.
We're also planning to require JDK8 and it might have some other
breaking changes depending on how things pan out. There has been
discussion in the past that Apache Groovy might (should?) change the
Maven coordinates to have group org.apache.groovy rather than
org.codehaus.groovy. Previously we have spoken about not doing that
before some major release point. The Groovy team is now interested in
your feedback as to whether this new version might be the right time
to make that change.

Obviously, we'll need to publicise the change to make sure people can
find the new versions but we are particularly interested in feedback
on whether anyone would be adversely affected by such a change.

Comments welcome,

Cheers, Paul.