groovy-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: upcoming releases
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:43:10 GMT
Just a slight deviation to below. The version number on master has
temporarily been set to 2.9.98-SNAPSHOT pending Spock support of
Groovy 3+ version numbers.

Cheers, Paul.

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:
> I have created the 2_5_X branch. I have made master 3.0.0(-SNAPSHOT)
> for now. This doesn't stop us having a 2.6 stream if we need it. Which
> I suspect we do but will cover that in another email.
>
> Just a reminder that for now any bugs fixes might need to be
> cherry-picked unto both the 2_5_X and 2_4_X branches. I will create
> additional CI jobs on teamcity over the coming week.
>
> Cheers, Paul.
>
>
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:10 AM, John Wagenleitner
> <john.wagenleitner@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am planning to merge PR#508 and start the release process for 2.4.10
>>> over the next few days. This contains an important bug fix that
>>> affects downstream projects such as Grails. Any other fixes people
>>> want in that release?
>>>
>>> Soon after that is released I am planning to create a 2_5_X branch and
>>> begin preparation of a 2.5.0 release. If our review/rework of macros
>>> is complete by then it will be a beta-1 release. If not, it will be an
>>> alpha-1 release with an appropriate warning in the release notes about
>>> subject to change etc. While it is important to get macros correct, I
>>> fear that having a release is probably the only way to get enough
>>> eyeballs/attention to catch any unforeseen impacts of that change.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>
>> I agree, I think it would be good to get a 2.5 alpha/beta out soon to get
>> more eyes on macros and the many other changes not in 2.4.
>>

Mime
View raw message