Hi Devs,

I was trying to pitch using Grails for one of our projects and the discussions always ended up with "using reflections in JVM is slow period". I am not knowledgeable to defend the internals of either Groovy or Grails, need some help on this topic.

The only selling point that they identified was GORM.

I thought this might be the time to ask the developer community. I am trying to gather some points on using Grails over a Spring boot application.

Also, can anyone help me understand how Groovy runtime optimizations are applied on a high level and if it will affect the runtime performance.

Thanks,
--
Raviteja Lokineni | Business Intelligence Developer
TD Ameritrade