groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Sun <realblue...@hotmail.com>
Subject 答复: Lambda vs. Closure (was: [VOTE] Apache Groovy Roadmap)
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 15:27:01 GMT
Hi Jesper,

     To fully support *real* lambda expression, (to be honest)currently I have no idea how
to generate bytecode for it. In addition, supporting Static Compilation will be another big
work…

  *   For instance, we could warn the user if the lambda referred to 'this' or 'super' directly.

I think ‘this’ and ‘super’ can be referred but developers should not change its resolve
strategy, so we can forbidden the scenario by syntax check 😊

     I would like to open a new discussion based on our discussion in the dev-list later and
wish others would think same with us to accept the closure with lambda syntax

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

发件人: Jesper Steen Møller [via Groovy]<mailto:ml-node+s329449n5738478h76@n5.nabble.com>
发送时间: 2017年2月7日 23:10
收件人: Daniel Sun<mailto:realbluesun@hotmail.com>
主题: Lambda vs. Closure (was: [VOTE] Apache Groovy Roadmap)

(changing the subject so we don't disrupt the main discussion)

Not quite 😔

The changes in Java to support Lambdas are much deeper than just how the Metafactory is invokedynamic'ed,
as it changes how type inference and overload resolution is done. Same as with the issues
we discussed a while back around method references: Supporting Java8 semantics in the Groovy
compiler is a very big task, as we just don't have the type information available.

I would much rather suggest supporting the lambda syntax with groovy semantics, but add warnings
if we detect that the code may rely on Java lambda semantics. For instance, we could warn
the user if the lambda referred to 'this' or 'super' directly.

-Jesper

On 7 Feb 2017, at 16.00, Daniel Sun <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5738478&i=0>>