groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Graeme Rocher <graeme.roc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with pitching Groovy and Grails
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2017 19:32:37 GMT
The argument "using reflections in JVM is slow period" is stupid because so
much of all JVM frameworks is reflection based.

Spring used reflection for proxies, AOP, data binding, pretty much
everything.

Hibernate uses reflection to convert objects to and from the database.

The reflection part of the application is never going to be your
bottleneck. It will be your database, or message queue or whatever.

Apart from that with modern Groovy (@CompileStatic etc.) you don't have to
write everything dynamic anyway.

Cheers