groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Help with pitching Groovy and Grails
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 06:18:00 GMT
On 24.02.2017 05:17, Daniel Sun wrote:
> Hi Jochen,
>

>> That little Groovy makes a big difference in the usage, but not in the
> performance part.
>
>       Out of curiosity, I wonder whether Grails maintains a variant of Apache
> Groovy? What's the difference in the usage? Could you tell me some example
> about the difference?

not a different variant, just saying you should look at the full stack
in Grails and realize what is involved. TO get a page you usually have
some DB access, and some hibernate, then a thick layer of Spring
services and API and on there very top is some Groovy. The database is
more likely to become a bottleneck in this scenario.

bye Jochen