groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Sun <realblue...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: release process
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 08:19:34 GMT
FYI, Jesper has ported Parrot to Java 7(https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/485)

在 "Graeme Rocher-2 [via Groovy]" <ml-node+s329449n5738246h84@n5.nabble.com>,2017年1月31日
下午3:19写道:

I am in agreement with doing a 3.0 compatible with Groovy 2.x and making 3.x into Groovy 4.x

Groovy 2.x users who will be in the majority for a long time shouldn't have to wait for breaking
changed to get Parrot

Also as stupid as it is having higher version numbers will also increase perception of maturity.