groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Northrop <james.b.north...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Traits and protected properties
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:16:46 GMT
Russel is looking to build GPars V2.0 as JDK8+ later this year, so timing for Groovy 3 would
be nice.

Sent from my iPad

> On 25 Jan 2017, at 16:43, Cédric Champeau <cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That's only ok once we generate Java 8+ class files only. Otherwise, you create a language
that, syntactically, supports static methods on interfaces, but cannot compile them for older
JDKs. Since we generate JDK 5+ class formats, we cannot do this without upgrading our requirements,
or adding "conditional features".