groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Traits and protected properties
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 15:43:00 GMT
That's only ok once we generate Java 8+ class files only. Otherwise, you
create a language that, syntactically, supports static methods on
interfaces, but cannot compile them for older JDKs. Since we generate JDK
5+ class formats, we cannot do this without upgrading our requirements, or
adding "conditional features".