groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject rm servlet-api.jar?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 09:54:59 GMT
Hi guys,

Using groovy bundle (export PATH=$GROOVY_HOME/bin:$PATH) I often hit a
blocker: servlet-api is there. It means that if you use tomcat you will use
the wrong servlet api and get some troubles (missing message bundle, wrong
version etc...).

It can be overriden with setting up a custom groovy-starter.conf and
setting the system property groovy.starter.conf.override but this is not
very convenient.

How to get rid of most of convenient dependencies from groovy/lib?

Idea can be to use grapes to resolve them later when needed from groovy
classloader(s) which makes it quite dynamic but a simpler solution can also
be to have some profile and add them in the cli to control the classpath
like:

./bin/groovy --light myscript.groovy
./bin/groovy --all myscript.groovy

etc

With this last option we need to define which profiles we want and also if
we want to have a regex support:

./bin/groovy --root-loader={groovy.home}/lib/*.jar myscript.groovy

any thoughts on this?

Romain Manni-Bucau