groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject MavenGrapeEngine?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 09:45:02 GMT
Hi guys,

I quite like @Grab for small applications/demo/scripting but it has a big
pitfall in development at the moment - at least for me: it doesn't support
maven snapshots.

Concretely without tuning ivy.xml config or grapes you will resolve once
the snapshot then use an outdated version.

I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8037 to try to
enhance it but there are still a few questions to solve before coding:

- does groovy prefer a snapshot hack in ivy resolution or a full
aether/maven resolution support?
- what kind of SPI groovy would use (ATM GrapeEngine lookup is quite
hardcoded): do we want a config in groovy installation + system property?
- if we want another engine: how do we manage dependencies? do we isolate
them from groovy libs?

Side note: as mentionned in the ticket spring boot has an implementation we
could probably reuse (to work with them but don't think there would be a
blocker).

Any input welcomed!

Romain Manni-Bucau