groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Marcin Erdmann <marcin.erdm...@proxerd.pl>
Subject Re: The order of modifiers and annotations
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 08:59:29 GMT
Sorry for stealing the thread, but there is one annoying thing that relates
to parsing modifiers in Groovy. Is there any chance to fix modifier being
mandatory for methods with generic signatures in Parrot? I.e. this is now
invalid:

<T> T foo(T bar)

and has to be written like this to be parsed:

public <T> T foo(T bar)

Is there a reason for the modifier to be required in that case other than
problems with parsing?

I'm happy to file an issue for this if that is indeed considered to be an
issue. Please let me know which issue tracker I should use if that's the
case.

Marcin