groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Forax <fo...@univ-mlv.fr>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Groovy Roadmap
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 10:11:04 GMT

Jigsaw is more or less forward compatible, i.e. you can release jars that will use Java 8
to compile (or Java 9 in release mode 8) and also make them jigsaw compatible in term of dependencies.

Obviously the module graph will be read only on Java 9 but the classpath will work on Java
8 (and on Java 9).

> This way Groovy versions and Java versions are nicely aligned. To let people try
> Parrot early, there could be a 3.0 early access release that only replaces the
> antlr2-based parser with Parrot and bumps the required Java version to 8.

Rémi