groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: About actor syntax for Groovy 3
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2017 14:46:45 GMT
On 08.01.2017 13:08, Daniel Sun wrote:
> Hi Jochen,
>
>         I'm looking for a new syntax for concurrency programming, which
> should be able to hide complex for developers. As you said, the actor syntax
> is not necessary. I agree with you, because it just replaces 'send' method
> with '<<', but I wish the topic could let us think about the concurrency
> programming syntax.

but first you have to be clear about what you want to actually support
in code with operators beyond of what exists already. That´s why I
mentioned async-await, since that can be a lot more than just a library.
Still it will not require a grammar change and I guess that is what you
have been thinking about in the first place.

bye Jochen