groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: MavenGrapeEngine?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 13:54:49 GMT
On 06.01.2017 10:45, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
[...]
> I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8037 to try to
> enhance it but there are still a few questions to solve before coding:
>
> - does groovy prefer a snapshot hack in ivy resolution or a full
> aether/maven resolution support?

being more easily able to use the Spring AetherGrapeEngine would
certainly be good, I am not sure how the ivy file has to be changed to
support snapshots properly. But in the end I would prefer the ivy based
solution, since it means less dependencies for groovy itself.

> - what kind of SPI groovy would use (ATM GrapeEngine lookup is quite
> hardcoded): do we want a config in groovy installation + system property?

would someone want to define the engine as part of the annotation or
should this be automatic in the background? We could also think of using
the Java service provider interface logic - of course then we have to
think about what to do if multiple engines are there

> - if we want another engine: how do we manage dependencies? do we
> isolate them from groovy libs?

they should be optional for the delivery.... and in the light of that I
think depending on spring-boot-cli is an option

bye Jochen