groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jesper Steen Møller <jes...@selskabet.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Groovy Roadmap
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 10:10:12 GMT
On 31 Jan 2017, at 10.46, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:

> On 31.01.2017 09:37, Cédric Champeau wrote:
>>
>> - Groovy 2.6: integrate 4, implying backporting Parrot to Java 7
>> - Groovy 3.0: integrate 3 and 5. The only version with necessary
>> breaking changes (we have no choice here)
>
> If you insist on a removal of antlr2, then this will be a breaking change, since we leak
antlr2 classes in several places. 2.6 is then only an option if antlr2 stays. And considering
your earlier statements that there should be only one parser, that means 2.6 has to be 3.0.

Were exactly was this leak? The antlr2 classes are jarjar'ed, right - they were hardly API.
Or am I missing something?
As for usage: A quick search on GitHub for the string 'groovyjarjarantlr' revealed 12 commits,
most of them in Adempiere and 'groovy-class-parser', in pretty old code.

YES to Cedrics proposal (if I'm eligible to vote, that is)

-Jesper