groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Suderman Keith <suder...@anc.org>
Subject Re: SimpleHTTPServer for Groovy 3( Maybe Groovy 2.5.0? )
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 22:36:40 GMT
-1 as well.

While it is a cool feature, I have to agree that it feels more like a lib than something that
belongs in the language itself.

> On Dec 14, 2016, at 7:55 AM, Daniel Sun <realbluesun@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> groovy -m com.sparkjava:spark-groovy -c "serve(port: 8080, path:
> 'd:\\temp')"
> How many characters will we type... to be frank, I am not that patient to
> type such a long command.

That is what shell scripts are for, it is not a reason to include something in the core language.

Cheers,
Keith

> On Dec 14, 2016, at 12:46 PM, Marcin Erdmann <marcin.erdmann@proxerd.pl> wrote:
>
> -1 from me as well, fells more like a lib feature than a language feature. I agree with
other folks that it is bloating the language for quite a narrow usecase.

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 at 12:39, Sergei Egorov <bsideup@gmail.com <mailto:bsideup@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> To be honest, I don't like it, -1 from me.
>
> Why? Because we already put more and more stuff into the groovy itself, but, i.e. in
a case of python, SimpleHTTPServer it's just a module after all.