groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Sébastien Le Callonnec <sebast...@weblogism.com>
Subject Re: About SimpleHTTPServer
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2016 16:40:00 GMT
Hi Daniel,

On 2016-12-11 10:33:52, Daniel Sun wrote:
>      The SimpleHTTPServer will be implemented with NO 3rd part library, so
> it will not impact existing production systems. In addition, it is
> recommended to be used to provide http service for convenience(such as
> testing WebRTC app). If we want to deploy our static web site, the
> SimpleHTTPServer is not recommended to be used in production :)

I understand this is not for Production use. ;)

My concern is that an HTTP server built into groovy would come with its
potential risks – even it is not used directly.  Having to redeploy an
app where groovy is embedded because of an issue with such a
non-critical feature would be somewhat... frustrating.

As a groovy user, I want to make sure the pros and cons are carefully
considered before adding this to core.  My personal preference would be
to have this feature as part of an optional groovy library, but maybe
it's just me. :D

Regards,
Sébastien.