groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Groovy Build
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2016 09:51:11 GMT
On 05.12.2016 07:37, Russel Winder wrote:
> I think the build for Groovy has changed since I last really looked at
> it. Just in case someone knows the answer offhand (to save me doing the
> research :-)

since nobody bothered to answer so far.

> The build still distinguishes indy and non-indy build, presumably for
> JDK7 reasons.

yes

> Is indy the default build for JDK8?

no.

> I see there is a
> performance mode of the indy build, is this the default; if not how to
> set it to be the built one?

performance mode? There is a module of that name, but that is for
performance tests

> Is there a way of building and installing just the fastest JDK8+ build
> of Groovy?

nope, there was no need so far to ship with only indy or non-indy
besides just using the jars

> (Currently I do a build and then fiddle with all the non-indy and indy
> jars in the local installation, and also copy the latest JDK8 GPars in,
> with a shell script obviously. I am wondering if there is a way of
> configuring the install and installGroovy tasks to avoid fiddling with
> Groovy jars.)

does install install both? otherwise you can control it using -P
indy=true when using gradle

But in general... the non-indy build does contain indy, it just is not
build with indy. I doubt you will notice a big difference. You still
have to enable indy in both versions

bye Jochen