groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: About SimpleHTTPServer
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2016 09:33:21 GMT
On 11.12.2016 09:02, Daniel Sun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>        Does Groovy provide any function like Python's SimpleHTTPServer(e.g.
> python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000)?  If no similar module exits, I'd like to
> implement one via Groovy 3(e.g. groovy -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000).
>
>        FYI: https://docs.python.org/2/library/simplehttpserver.html

something like:

> import org.apache.catalina.startup.Tomcat
> import groovy.servlet.GroovyServlet
>
> new Tomcat().with {
>     port = 8000
>     ctx = addContext("", new File(".").getAbsolutePath())
>     Tomcat.addServlet(ctx, "Groovy", new GroovyServlet())
>     ctx.addServletMappingDecoded("/*", "Groovy")
>     start()
>     server.await()
> }

would do the job I think... didn´t test it and the servlet-api stuff
could get in the way.

If all you want is Groovy listening on a port and evaluate the scripts
you give it, that is something we have already. So the question to be
answered would be... what do you intend to do with the http server?

bye Jochen